ISL is fully aware of its responsibility to provide a safe and nurturing environment for our students. As such, we require criminal background checks and verifiable references from all employees before they begin to work at ISL. In addition, ISL follows the recommendations, policies and procedures published by the International Center of Missing and Exploited children at all times, especially when hiring new faculty and staff.
Child Protection and Safeguarding
CEESA Safeguarding and Child Protection Statement
- Safeguarding and Child Protection is a priority for every CEESA School.
- CEESA commits to supporting school environments that safeguard children through both prevention and intervention.
- CEESA works in cooperation with international agencies to ensure standards associated with best practices are regularly reviewed, revised, and applied in all operations, activities, and events.
- CEESA leaders honor and uphold child protection guidelines and procedures, in partnership with all stakeholders in their respective school communities.
All CEESA schools will:
- Actively uphold the CEESA Safeguarding and Child Protection Statement.
- Implement School based Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies and Procedures that includes regular onsite training.
- Employ Safe Recruitment Practices consistent with Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies.
- Educate students and adults on Safeguarding and Child Protection.