MS Student Council
The Middle School Student Council (MSSC) is made up of student leaders selected by their peers from grades 6-8. Each grade level has three representatives, one for each Lynx Time small group. The MSSC has a number of responsibilities in the ISL community: they represent the interests of the MS student body in student and school affairs, they provide services that improve the quality of life for students, they keep the student body informed of relevant issues, they help maintain productive relationships amongst students, faculty, and administration, and they coordinate and organize MS assemblies and social events.
The MSSC is governed by the following officers:
- President: sets the agenda for and runs meetings, represents the entire MS student body, and has full executive authority.
- Vice-President: maintains the budget and accounting for the MSSC, and assists the President and acts in their stead when absent or unable to fulfill their duties.
- Minister of Internal Affairs: maintains records of meeting minutes, agendas, and any correspondence of the MSSC.
- Minister of Communication: Communicates all information related to MSSC activities with the MS student body.
The 2016-17 MSSC officers are:
- President Julia Gellere (Grade 8)
- Vice-President Kate Pikovich (Grade 8)
- Minister of INternal Affairs Saanvi Ghosh (Grade 6)
- Minister of Communication Dhriti Singh (Grade 8)
For more information, please contact Reid Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org