Openings for 2017/2018 school year
1-to-1 Learning Support Aid (full time)
We are looking for applicants who are happy, flexible and energetic, who are open minded, passionate about and dedicated to their work, enjoy being a contributing member of a collaborative team, and are committed to personal excellence and love to work with special learning needs children.
- ability to communicate in English and Russian with fluency both orally and in writing;
- high sense of responsibility;
- accuracy and high ethical and moral values;
- excellent communication skills;
- positive and professional attitude.
Preference will be given to applicants who have experience working with special learning needs children and a degree in special education, social education, developmental psychology or similar.
We would like to fill this position as soon as possible.
General Employment Requirements
- BA degree or higher
- IB teaching experience
- Teaching Certificate
- Native speaker of English, or those who command a high level of fluency in English
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience
- Hold a degree in their subject area
- Proven performers who can hit the ground running and are capable of managing their own classroom independently
for Substitute Teachers:
- Two years of experience in PreK - Grade 12 classrooms
- Academic or solid background in the area to be taught
- Certification (or enrollment in a certification program)
- Commitment to being an integral part of the learning community
- Collegial and cooperative relationships with colleagues
- Experience and willingness to work in co-curricular activities
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
- High energy and good health
- Valid residency in Latvia with rights to work