11th Annual Food Drive
The 7th grade class has been studying about Food insecurity and what is causing it. Food insecurity is a very common problem around the world. The 7th grade class, in cooperation with Samaritan Organization of Latvia, is organizing ISL’s 11th annual food drive.
The food drive is about donating food and then delivering it to the food insecure people, who don't have enough money to feed themselves. That includes the elderly, mentally handicapped, and families and children in crisis.
The food drive will be taking place from Monday, 30 of October through Wednesday, the 8 of November, in time for everyone to have a nutritious and festive meal in time for Latvian Independence Day.
ISL has traditionally been the largest donor of this annual event. Last year we collected over 1,400 packages of food (cans, bags, or boxes) and this year our goal is to collect over 1,500.
We are looking for the following items:
● Canned products: Vegetables, meat, fruit, beans, etc.
● Bags/boxes of: Pasta, bread, rice, porridge, barley, oats, etc.
● Mixes: Cake mix, muffin mix, pancake mix, etc.
● Basics: Flour, sugar, oil, etc.
● Drinks: Tea, juice, coffee
● Other: Ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, other additions to the meal
● Sweets: Bars of chocolate or cake mixes
Elementary students can bring donations to their classroom.
Middle school students, high school students, and ISL staff and teachers can bring donations to room 206.
Thank you for taking your time to read this and for helping out.
ISL community delivering food to Samaritan Organization of Latvia in 2015.